A column is a recurring small opinion article as often is published in a newspaper or magazine. What differentiates a column from newspaper articles is: that a column is journalistic in character and regularly published; personality -driven by the author; explicitly contains the author’s opinion or point of view often reflecting on a current event or experience. So every week in a column you have to share how the topic of the week (experience or idea from literature, research activities, lecture, visit or otherwise) is related to your perceived or expected role as a sustainable engineer, attitude, disciplinary knowledge or the like.
Tips for writing a column:
- Be aware of the readers: students, academics, experts and artist who visit the TX project web site.
- Find and interesting topics or angles to reflect on and to draw in the reader. Share your experience or observation from the course with readers in a fascinating way; from an unexpected angel, contra intuitive experience or the like.
- Keep the topic small and to the point.
- Be prepared to do some extra research on the topic, to make sure the details are correct.
- Write a convincing argument. That’s beyond making just a statement.
- Make sure that you column concludes on the topic it started with.